Maverik Center opened its doors to the Salt Lake Valley on September 22, 1997. Designed by the world's premier arena architect, Populous (formerly HOK Sport), Maverik Center is the home of the ECHL's Utah Grizzlies. Maverik Center gained international acclaim and exposure as the host venue for the Ice Hockey Championships at the 2002 Olympic Winter Games. Maverik Center combines the modern amenities of a large arena with the service and intimacy of a small theater. Within Maverik Center is a unique theater configuration which can accommodate audiences as small as 3,700, while a crowd of 12,000 can be just as comfortable in the main arena.
In addition to sporting events, Maverik Center is a leading entertainment venue hosting nationally known concert acts such as Elton John, Neil Diamond, Mannheim Steamroller, Carrie Underwood, Justin Beiber, Tool, Linkin Park and many more. The Maverik Center has also been home to family shows such as Sesame Street Live, The Wiggles, Bob the Builder, Dragon Tales Live, Arenacross and nationally televised productions of Holiday Festival on Ice and World Wrestling Entertainment's Smackdown Live.
This one-of-a-kind sports and entertainment facility offers the following special features:
- The absolute finest in quality sound with the BOSE© Sound System and world-class acoustics.
- Diamond Concessions offers more than 90 points-of-sale guaranteeing fast and courteous service.
- The Centennial Room affords clients the opportunity for special business or personal entertainment with spectacular views of the Wasatch Front.
- More than 10,000 square feet of meeting space, in addition to the 17,000 square foot arena floor, gives our catering department the chance to help plan your next corporate event, banquet, conference, meeting, trade show, reception or party for 15 or 1500 guests. Break-out rooms provide privacy and convenience for meetings and entertainment.
- Maverik Center is managed by Centennial Management Group, Inc., and is committed to providing high-quality management services to arenas, amphitheaters, stadiums, and convention centers nationwide.